Friday, September 18, 2015

HOPE

Change is good. I'm not talking just about the 110 lbs I lost. I am talking about the new person I am. On the left I was not only morbidly obese. I was just diagnosed with a very scary disease. One I will be treated for for life. I was scared, hopeless, hanging on by a thread and trying to survive daily. The only thing that made me put on a brave face and a smile was my children. That only happened when they were around. The other times I was miserable and horribly negative. Until one day I saw a light. That light was hope. Hope that I could have a better life. I woke up one morning and decided that my life wasn't a death sentence but a gift.  I believed in my soul I could be better. I might not be the same but what was wrong with that? I was basically broken in body, mind and spirit. Wasn't it time to change? I promised myself no matter how much time I had I would make the rest of my life - the best of my life. It wouldn't be perfect. It might be a mess at times but I will make my way. I was not only going to heal myself from the damage from condition, I was going to heal myself from my childhood and from obesity. That first year with nutrition and workouts I lost 102 lbs. The following 3 so far I have maintained 110 lb loss. I have set boundaries in all relationships that only allows good healthy, positive people around me and my family. I ended the toxic trends that have been in my family for generations. Now years later I help other people get healthy and change their lives the same way I did. No magic. Just nutrition, workouts and positivity. Tragic events can knock you down but it can only hold you there and define you IF you let it. I have decided I am not allowing it. I define me. So can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment