Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My Motivation

I have had lots of questions on my motivation. I am going to bare a little bit here and share a little deeper on why I am so motivated. As you know from my "About" section. I had a gran mal seizure 4 and a half years ago while volunteering at our local Soup Kitchen. Twenty minutes before I had the seizure -which wiped me unconscious for over 90 minutes- I was driving with my children on Highway 35. I feel everything happens for a reason in life. We were safe in the Soup Kitchen. My husbands friends wife was there. She took care of my children and contacted my husband through her husband as the ambulance was driving me to the Emergency Room. Everything lined up and we were so greatly provided for at the weakest moment in my life. Even though all of these things happened I had so much anxiety and negativity because this happened to me - my body failed me. It took almost a year to wake up from the self pity and look at what really had happened. God gave me a second chance at my life. This accident could have happened on 35 - we could have all died. I was fortunate to have the right people with us to help and to have this happen in safe place where I couldn't endanger my life or others. Also I woke up. I am alive- so many people are not so lucky after having a gran mal seizure. I now look at every single day as a blessing. I want to create a ME that my family and I can be proud of. I want to honor my second chance by being the best I can be. So yep- I still think it all sucks but even in that it is a blessing. I am a better person for it mentally, physically and spiritually. I now know life is a gift. That is the biggest motivation I could ever have.

10 comments:

  1. I love that you shared your story here and in the About section. What an inspiration you are! Let's hope the rest of us can figure it out without having to go through waht you did.
    ~Erica M.
    www.balancingself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for starting this blog and thank you for so openly sharing your story. It is working on me. I think about it everyday. Which means my mind is just about ready to take control and start making better choices for my health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myka! It makes my heart happy to hear that. You are going to do great! I am always here for you :) XO

      Delete
  3. Truly amazing and inspiring!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberly,
    PLEASE BLOG more. I really love what you have to say! I'm still following you on fb but feel blogging is way more personal:) I do love your inspiration!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girls :) Still getting the hang of it and trying to find the time. I promise more will come :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the inspiration!! I'm on a weight loss journey myself and finding that I really have no support from family or friends. It's not stopping me but it sure would make things a little easier. I look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so eye opening! I really teared up reading this and had to fight back the tears. You are such a beautiful woman and so blessed. May God continue to bless you and your family and continue to allow you to touch those of us that are following behind you! Thank you so much for what you have done and what you do. You are truly inspiring and you keep me going ! I started a blog and a facebook page to keep me countable and to keep me going. While doing so, I feel I have been touched and can continue on to the finish with all of the support I have received, and all of the stories such as your's to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete