Saturday, February 13, 2016

Alive or Just Living


I was sitting at the park reading a book in the sun and it dawned on me just this one simple thing makes me ALIVE - not just living. Years ago I simply went about my day to get to the next day. I didn't see the joy in each moment. I was so stuck in sadness and despair from my diagnosis I honestly slept all day. The only time I put on a happy face was when it was time to pick up my kids from school and play the part. I didn't even drop them off at school my husband did. I would get them out the door and go back to sleep. Are you living to get to the next day? Barely breathing not, enjoying life? Then I challenge you for the next week to stop. Living doesn't cost. Go for a walk with a pet or a friend. Work in your garden. Sit in the sun. Read a book. Exercise. Craft. Find a hobby. Start with 10 minutes. After a few days it will get easier to find time and more time as it will bring you such joy. The important thing is to wakeup and be ALIVE. Don't waste your life. I know we don't all have medical issues. We all haven't been given second chances to live but you can learn from us -we aren't promised tomorrow. If you weren't here tomorrow do you want your friends and family to say - they loved life and lived it to the fullest? Or the opposite. I know now my family would say I loved them and my perfectly imperfect life to the fullest. Like I said there is no cost to living but there is a huge cost to living without life. Choose to be ALIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment