Friday, June 10, 2016

Bye Bye Sideline Mom

Today my daughter and I had a fun day climbing the rocks and exploring at a State Park not far from our home. When I say "explore" I mean climbing rocks, wading through water, go further than any other families there. We covered the area for hours!! It was so much fun. No distractions, no phones. Just nature and the two of us. We talked, laid in the sun, sweat like crazy. No time worries, no physical restrictions. Just fun. This would never have happened a few years ago. 110 lbs ago there is physically no way. I am coming up on the 8 anniversary of my "life day" For people who almost lose their lives that day becomes almost as important if not more important than our Birthday. That day at first killed me. Then it changed my life. It brought me to rock bottom. It made me realize though my life was a gift. A gift worth fighting for. To become healthy. Before my seizure I was a sideline Mom. They would play I would watch. They would want to do something I would come up with an excuse not to. Now I want to do it. I want to explore it all. I want to be active physically in their lives. Have fun. Be present. That seizure was the most awful day of my life. It also gave me an entirely new life once I allowed it. One I wouldn't trade for anything, If I have one day or fifty years this is the Mom I want my kids to remember the Mom of the last few years. The lets play in the water Mom, the hiking Mom, the drive across country Mom, the lets drive with the top down Mom, the lets have an adventure Mom. That Mom on the couch - sideline Mom -has been gone for years and is not missed at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment