Monday, August 8, 2016

Listen To Your Body

Sometimes I need a reminder to listen to my body. Or in my case my brain. My running buddy was unavailable today so I got a late start. In Texas that is not necessarily a good thing as it heats up by the minute. Right at the end of my run before I started up the last big hill I started to feel.. Wonky. At that moment I remembered the Road ID around my ankle. A reminder that I am seizure patient for the last 8 years. It has my meds and 2 contacts on it. Sometimes I forget even though I am OK most days I need to remember to listen to signs. So I sat on rock and chilled for 10 minutes. I also reflected on how my diagnosis will not and has not defined me as I let it in the beginning. Just because my brain is "broken" or I am on meds that can stop weight loss. I have not allowed it. We define ourselves. Don't let a diagnosis, a pill or your body define you. You do it!! After that diagnosis I cried and was miserable but I got up after and lost 110 lbs, became a runner, love working out and now help other women do the same. All because the last line on that I put on my Road ID under my meds and emergency contacts - "my life is a gift" 

And so is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment