Saturday, December 16, 2017

9 1/2 years ago today I almost died. Yes, it sounds dramatic but it is true. I don't remember 2 hours of my life. I was a normal 34 year old mom and woke up with a brain condition and my life has never been the same. In the beginning that was horrible. Today it is a victory. I am almost at 10 years with one Gran Mal. Although I have had my ups and downs and live on meds I am an overcomer. This is what I pray for a controlled brain. I beat the massive anxiety attached to this. I pulled myself out of the tailspin. It took a few years but I did it. My life is a gift not a death sentence. I have my scars but I share them to show others they too can survive whatever is before them. I lost that 125. I have kept it off. I have control of my anxiety. I show others with faith, hope and positivity anything is possible. None of this was in me before my seizure. It took almost taking the life out of me to find the piece of me to serve. Although this is not something I would want I am so glad that God used me to help so many through Girls Gone Healthy. If you feel you are at rock bottom just wait something may be revealed to you with time. I never would have believed the life that would have came to me out of almost having the life taken from me. This is not a path I would have picked but being able to help so many is something my heart is happy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment