Thursday, March 12, 2015

Listen To Your Body - I Wish I Did

Did you know there are things I ACTUALLY have not told you about yet?? I have only told my very close family this and a couple other people this I don't like to be weak but if this weakness can save one life I will do it. So I will share my horrible story and hopefully it will help you or someone you love.

7 years ago I was at the gym I use to be a member of. I had just taken a Body Pump Class. I felt great. I stayed after class to talk to the instructor and her sister. While I was talking to her I felt every word LEAVE my body. I was looking at these women and I was trapped in my body. I could open my mouth and NO words would come out. In my mind I was screaming what is happening?? They were looking at me like what is wrong? When my words finally came back they said wow, our Grandma had a stroke recently and she did the same thing.. A stroke.. I saw my Grandma have one on my 12th Birthday and I know that is what it in my mind I looked like to me too. I was 33. That couldn't have happened. I was now talking fine, my face wasn't paralyzed like my Grandmas, I was functioning - just shook up. I went home cried, napped and then rationalized it all. How do you rationalize that? Fear. the #1 thing that stop people from getting the answers they need when they have a medical episode is FEAR of the unknown. If I would have listened to my body. Gone to the Dr, and not been scared to face what was in front of me my irregular brainwaves could have been diagnosed. I could have been treated and I may have not had the Gran Mal Seizure that almost took my life in June of that year. 

If you have something bothering you. Talk to your Dr. If a family member is having issues share with them this blog. Listen to your body. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment