Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Freedom of Healthy

My Transformation Tuesday isn't about a before an after look or the 110 lbs gone. It is about a before and after feeling. Four years ago you would have not got me for 1. in a water-park 2. playing on the water slides or 3. posting this picture on all my social media which is well over 30,000 people. This before and after isn't about how losing weight will make you stronger and healthier. This is about how it can make you a happier person. A better parent. A parent who wants to create memories. Like Mom "Pull your feet in, tuck your head forward and pull your butt up"  Say what?? "Just do it!!" As she laughs hysterically going down the slide before you. Most teens run around a park with other teens. She does too but some days it us. My soon to be 14 year old loves to be with me. Not because there aren't other options but because we know we are lucky to have one another. I almost left this earth 7 years ago I am lucky to be here. I am reminded of this every morning when I wake up and am given the gift of another day with my family. I know some hear me say this but I really do. My eyes open and my heart says "thank you". Now I look for the positive, I steer clear of the negative, I find joy. Most importantly I make memories. Today as one of my friends loses her mother especially I am reminded of how precious the parent child relationship is. This post is in honor of her and her beloved Mom. So if you need a reason to get healthy and are looking for that push. Here it is. Don't think about the body it will give you. Think about the freedom you will receive from being healthy. From not caring about anything but having fun and making memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment