Wednesday, July 8, 2015

More To It Than A Success Story

Running by myself can be dangerous. Not physically but emotionally. It always gets me thinking. Tonight in particular. For the past few months we have been running hills instead of the flat track like area. Since I was by myself I decided to go out to my track. See how the training had effected me, especially on Day 3 with my M400. I have been building back since Winter and after a setback in Nov medically. I was amazed at how just in a few months I had changed. Then thoughts came. If you run you know therapy happens on the road. I know lots of people see me as a weight loss success story. But do you know how many times I was knocked on my butt before I lost and maintained this for years? How many times I lost 40, 50, 80 lbs and gained it back within months? Do you know the emotional struggles with food from my childhood I had to overcome? How hard it is to take meds twice a day to make sure I never have a Gran Mal Seizure again? Do you know how hard PTSD is to deal with? How hard it is to even want to wake-up when you have this? The only thing that put a smile on my face was my "why", my children. Do you know how easy it would have been just walk away from it all and give up? I didn't though. Just as I was getting in my car this song came on and reminded me how lucky I am. So this is my challenge to you. Don't give up. Keep going. Nothing is impossible. You have a success story in you as well. I can't wait to see you pay it forward.

#dontgiveup #polar #polarambassador

No comments:

Post a Comment