Wednesday, October 28, 2015

A Second Chance

I came across a journal entry from 2 years ago I thought I would share with you today.

I had a checkup with my Neurologist today. I think my Dr. is wonderful. He has helped me so much over the past 5 years since I was diagnosed with my seizure condition. That doesn't stop me from reliving the day the seizure happened and makes appt. days very stressful to me. I remember laughing in the car with my kids on the way to volunteer at the Soup Kitchen, putting on our aprons, helping get ready in the Kitchen...then my world went black. I woke up for a split second in ambulance when a Paramedic was giving me an IV. Thinking where am I. Then out again. I was out for an hour an half and to this day that hour haunts me. I'm so glad people were around to care for my then 12 year old son and 6 year old daughter. I can't imagine what they were going though. Or what my husband was when he got the call to go the Emergency Room. I don't even want to go into how I felt when I woke up with my husband staring at me or driving home not knowing what was truly wrong. We didn't have a diagnosis for a week. After that my world was lived in fear of all of this happening again. I was in a very long and scary depression - for months. Sleeping, eating and crying was about all I did. Then I had that morning that I woke and realized I was alive. I could have had that seizure driving my car, in a tub or just in a bad place and died. I realized I was alive and I was going to be grateful for this for every moment I could. No more tears - just joy. No more fear - just life. No more excuses - time to change. That was my Ah-a moment. Don't wait for life to knock you down to have one. If you are lucky enough to have a second chance in life like me - don't waste it. Live it and love it. Your next breath is not a guarantee - that is something I know from experience.

I am over 7 years strong now. I am even more of a  positive person then I was 2 years ago. I have learned to let things go. To pay things forward. To live a good life. Life isn't always perfect. Looking back though everything happens perfectly. With time and reflection I live and learn from the trials and triumphs. My tests have become my testimony. I am so thankful for my life and all who are in it. As my friend stated so wonderful yesterday -  I am work in progress - written by the masters hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment