Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Keep the Pictures

I have HATED this picture for years. It was a few years ago today. What I love was the memories from this day. It was a few days before Christmas. We ran into San Francisco ( or "France and Disco" as my Daughter liked to call it ) for a day of fun. We ran up to the top of the Golden Gate Park and took family pictures. It was SO windy and cold. I wrapped my scarf around my head and took this silly pic. Along with the hundreds other we took up there. Hiking around was hard for me. I weighed about 100 lbs more than I do now but I did my best to keep up with my family. Later that day we went down to the The Palace of Fine Arts and Pier and it was so warm even in December that we left our jackets in the car. We had a beautifully perfect day. A day my children will always remember of me and their Poppa and one another. Of decorations, of pictures of them pretending to to hold up the Golden Gate Bridge and eating yummy snack while watching Seal Lions on the Pier. Not of their Mom and her insecurities. Not of their Mom huffing and puffing to keep up. Not of their mom being 100 lbs heavier. They remember laughing, loving, family fun. So in the end this hated picture reminds me of the same. Even though I have physically changed I am still me. If I had, God forbid, left this earth over the last few years due to my seizure condition this picture would probably be cherished for the moment. So take the darn pictures. Get over your insecurities. Document your life. Make the Memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment