Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Today's "Why"

On Wednesday's in my groups we always share our "why's" Typically it is our why to being healthy physically. I heard this song on Monday and it literally made me cry. It reminded me of my "why" to finding my road to health mentally. That moment after a very long time of living through PTSD after my seizure I gave up from being WORN. I needed to know the struggle would end. That a struggle as deep as even mine could end and I could feel happy again. I did feel these lyrics...

I've let my hope fail
My soul feels crushed
By the weight of this world
And I know that you can give me rest
So I cry out with all that I have left

Let me see redemption win
Let me know the struggle ends
That you can mend a heart that's frail and torn
I want to know a song can rise
From the ashes of a broken life
And all that's dead inside can be reborn
Cause I'm worn

This is my WHY. There is life. There is love. There is joy. I did find it all again. Did my life magically become perfect? No, my brain condition is for life. The anxiety still exists. I just handed it over. I decided my life was a gift. To stop wasting it in tears and sorrow. To start loving it even if it wasn't perfect. I never want to be worn again. I want be filled with joy, love and life. If you are stuck know it is possible. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. You just have to be active in looking for it.
https://youtu.be/zulKcYItKIA 

No comments:

Post a Comment