Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving

So grateful to have a perfectly calm Thanksgiving. To have all of the toxic family out of my life. Not to have to pretend things are OK when they are not. Not to have to be in a room full of people I don't want to be around or have my children around just to make people happy. Smiling and pretending all is OK, when you know it is all an illusion. To live in a world where enabling bad, addictive and toxic behavior is normal and being normal is considered wrong. So glad those days are gone. I will take my normal, parade watching, Christmas movie, loving, honest family any day over the mess of what we use to have to go through. I will gladly be the black sheep when I know I am the free sheep who set boundaries escaped the toxic wasteland and ended the trend that nobody else could or would.

No comments:

Post a Comment