Tuesday, November 3, 2015

My Son

Every once in a while I get the honor of boasting about my now adult ( 20 year old ) son. He truly makes me so proud and is so beyond anything I ever dreamed of him being. He is third year of College. Always been an amazing young man. The last few year he has really come into who wants to be. As most of you know he plans on going into Youth Ministry. Which if you look at my life he was the person who brought me back to the church. When I lost a baby at 19 weeks when he was 4 he asked me where she went. I just simply said "Gods House." We were driving down the freeway during this conversation and he pointed to something that he didn't even know was a newly constructed church.. I hadn't told him.. and he said "If she is there why aren't we too?" I started classes to convert the next week. Which really came out of nowhere as I was the first of my family to change religions. It was something I feel that was in my heart though I just wasn't listening until my little guy posed the question. Sometimes plans have been made forever - it just takes a while for us all to be ready. He has been meant to do this forever. He has been leading me since he was a toddler. Over the Summer he took a position as a Counselor at a camp a few hours from here. He also did music ministry there as he has with our church. Finally though he started singing not just playing his guitar. Now he does even more music ministry with our church. Leads music at Mass and does Praise and Worship with the High School youth. This one song is just so Avery to me. It fills my heart with joy to hear him sing it in our church or just to hear it on our home. He has an amazing voice more importantly the passion that comes through him is so moving. The words to this song are perfect too. Maybe someday I will get him to record it for his Dear Old Mom. 

 https://youtu.be/SDP8tQSR6uQ

No comments:

Post a Comment