Sunday, June 16, 2013

Graduation

Thought I would share this from 2 weeks ago with you  -  

I'm telling you sometimes a 5 mile run is the best therapy in the world. I hit the road sad that today was my sons last day of High School. Even though I have had time to prepare... lol- 17 years. It has all come to fast. By the end of the run and reflecting on life - I am ready to rejoice. That two kids - 19 and 20-  without a penny between them and the world against them - not only raised a son but still love one another 18 years later. Not only did we "just" raise a son we raised one that everyone loves. Teachers, friends, family. When he goes on retreats as a Leader teens come back and tell me "he has changed my life". I know how they feel - I'm so blessed to be his Mom. He has done his K-12 requirements. Now for the fun stuff. The next 4 years will help define an already outstanding man. I can't wait to be at UT Austin 4 years from now watching him fulfill is dream of Computer Science degree. Tonight I get to see mine - my son successfully raised. So next time life seems a little too much to handle... put on your running shoes! Hit the road! By the end of that run sometimes you have worked it out and all is happy again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment