Sunday, June 16, 2013

There is No Magical Number!


One thing I have noticed a lot when I do shares of GIRLS stories, we will occasionally have someone say - "she can't wear that size at that weight! I weigh less and am in a smaller size!" So much goes into forming a body and configuring a size -height, weight, measurements, body type, genetics. This picture is of several girls at the National average for Australia all of the same weight. I am just a few pounds under it. My Doctors have told me to stop losing months ago as I am a very healthy weight. I am a size 6 (5'8") - that doesn't matter. What does matter is that everyone realizes that we aren't cookie cutters. We all need to have our own healthy goals. Not a magic number or size dictated to us by TV/magazines as that size and number is different on everyone. Please just pay attention to your body. Don't worry about the girl next to you. Instead why don't we all cheer one another on.

No comments:

Post a Comment