Wednesday, April 8, 2015

All Storms End

For me running leads to reflections. I just had a major aha moment reflection from the Easter Holiday Weekend. My reflection is it was amazing. It was calm, peaceful, loving, fun. Perfection. Why is this an Aha moment? All my Holidays are wonderful but what they usually have is pieces of painful family memories. Pieces of reflecting in how one person and her illness and need to control everything and everyone in our family has actually torn 3/4 of it apart. In the past I would dwell on making  phone calls as a requirement of being a good family member while knowing it would just bring negativity to my day. I would reflect back to the moments of good in our family and the happy moments we would have. I would also think of the horrible times and the manipulation, lies and pain we went through to be able to have a nice day. I would think of the dreaded family picture around a Holiday table. The family members, the drama, the pain, the good the bad -  didn't cross my mind once. This Easter absolutely NONE of this crossed my mind until days later on my run.

What was on my mind??

How amazingly happy I am. How happy I am to have such an amazing husband for 20 years. We just celebrated our anniversary and for two kids getting married under 20 we are so lucky. Not only do we love one another but we are best friends. We have two amazing kids. As I was sitting at church on Easter with my family I wasn't thinking of missing people but looking forward to the future ( way, way in the future ) to when we have a row filled with their families. A family that started because two people feel in love at first sight. A family that is strong and healthy because we ended the trends of emotional, physical, alcohol and drug abuse with our generation.  As a family we are healthy from the inside out and truly love and respect one another with no agendas, lies, false pretenses or manipulation. Another thing on my mind is the family that is still standing. The family that is not didn't cross my mind. At this point my children know no better and don't care to be a part or around them either.  Setting boundaries and leaving them behind truly changed my life to the point it cleared my mind and my heart. The storms are gone. Just peace. We shopped for Easter dresses, made silly Easter Peeps Poop Cupcake, made a delicious dinner. Spoke to my family and my friends who are the family of my heart.  At dinner it was relaxing and fun. And no, I would never take a picture. Some pictures are just better as an amazing memory.  Just like this weekend.

Just remember no matter how big the storm you are going through it will eventually come to an end. If the storms tries to huff and puff again - just turn your back. It has no power. You do.





No comments:

Post a Comment