Sunday, May 17, 2015

Important Info

With only having 1 Gran Mal Seizure I have a Seizure Disorder. I have been diagnosed with irregular brainwaves and am on meds twice daily for life. By the grace of God and the help of my Neurologist hopefully I will never have a second and be considered Epileptic. With that said... 1, is enough . Meds twice daily is scary enough. Living with the fear of it is enough. People with Seizure Disorders and Epilepsy are not broken. It is a highly misunderstood thing. Did you know 1 in 26 people will develop Epilepsy in their lives? Also that 1 in 10 people will have a Seizure in their life? What can you do if a Seizure happens? Stay with the person. Time the Seizure. Protect from injury. Loosen anything around their neck. Do not restrain the person. Do not put anything in their mouth. Roll the person on their side. Call for help if needed. Talk to the person calmly after it is over. Even though I don't remember anything and was unconscious for an hour and half, I know there were people who did this for me and my children who were present and I am thankful.
Feel free to share this, if it helps even one I will be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment