Monday, May 18, 2015

My Focus

Life is about what you focus on. What are you focusing on? Do you focus on disappointment, pain, those who have failed you in life? Or do you you focus on all the good in your life? I am human ( and a Leo (ROAR) - LOL! ) , sometimes I will get caught up in those I feel who have failed me, who try to bring pain to my life, those who try to bring pain to those I love. It hurts my heart to know that I put more into relationships than others do. It is all part of being a sensitive person. I use to be a little tougher before I learned the hard way how truly fragile life was. How the last interaction you have have with someone may just be ... IT. I always keep that in mind. I always try to send my love, be careful with my words and never leave anything open ended. When it comes to people who just want to bring negativity to my life or those I love - I try to remember some are just doing so because they see me changing, evolving and moving on without them. They see me becoming better without their influence in my life. The negativity they try to bring is just them trying to have a piece of it or trying to pull me back. Trying to remain relevant when all they are is left behind, a memory or a lesson. They lack one thing I have decided to have in my life. The will power to ignore them. What has brought me to this? My weekend.  I have had the most amazing long weekend. Friday through Sunday was filled with family and love.  My daughter's Dance Recital was this weekend. For most a Recital is just typical, a rite of passage that happens every year. This year has been a year that according to a Orthopedic Surgeon and MRI's was most likely not going to happen. After 10 years of dancing they told her it was likely she may never dance again. She had to take a year off to heal. A year of Physical Therapy, crutches, elevator passes, braces, tears, prayers. She did overcome though. At 13 she danced her 10th year. She competed again. She won her top trophies and accolades ever. This is all because she didn't give up. She believed. She had focus. Also this weekend my husband danced with her in the Father Daughter Dance on stage at Recital. Ballet, Ballroom, Disco.. yes I have video!! Such love my Husband has for her.. for both our children and for me. My son who has a busy schedule gave up his time to be at her Recital to cheer her on. Even though most 19 year olds would rather be somewhere else. He even had one of his best friends in town he didn't even try to get out of it. He was just there for her and that is LOVE.  On Sunday my son sang his first solo at a main service flawlessly at our Church while playing guitar with the choir. I have to tell you as a parent there is no greater joy than watching your children both follow their passion. I am also blessed myself to follow my passion and help others to find health. My groups not only help one another to lose weight and be healthy but they really support one another in life. We are a tribe. It is such a joy for me to find my passion and to be able to help others. What you focus on life is what expands. It is why my life has changed so much over the past few years. When I woke up that morning and realized my life was a gift I was wasting and I needed to stop wasting it- my focus shifted. My life changed. Sometimes the static of negativity will try to get in the way I just need to take moment. Remember I am not going to waste my life. I promised to make the best of it every single day and that I will. How?  I will always choose to focus on LOVE, JOY, PASSION, MY FAMILY, FRIENDSHIP. You can tell from all I share I am not perfect but I choose to see good. I choose to set boundaries. I choose to walk away. Even though I live very openly I do live somewhat in a bubble of happiness. I choose to see the blessings. I will always let my let shine. That is a light that no doom gloom can put out. It will just shine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment