Monday, January 19, 2015

Anorexic?? NO WAY!!



Here goes .. one of those things many will keep to themselves but I am going to let loose. Why? because I know I am not alone.

Why do the people who are suppose to love you and want you to be healthy - secretly want the worst for you? Then when the secret comes out it is like a HUGE slap to the face. One of my siblings said he was sharing a pic last week of the 4 ( I zoomed in on me pic on left) of us by phone and they were laughing about how much we have changed. That is pretty typical since it has been 9 years. Next the younger brother said have you seen Kim she doesn't even look the same check out her FB profile pic. My other brother doesn't have FB so younger brother sent a pic and said look how she has changed she is "anorexic". First take a look at my pic on right do I LOOK anorexic? Take a look a my pic on the left.. Do I look healthy 9 years ago? I am not anorexic now. I am the vision of health according to my Dr. I have fought obesity, high blood pressure, PTSD, and my seizure disorder and won. I have lost 105 lbs. 102 of it in one year. I have done it with clean eating and working it out. I maintain it by doing the same. I wear a size 6/7 not that even matters but that shows you I am not even itty bitty! I am 5'8 and I have plenty of muscle. I am HEALTHY!! The girl on the left was NOT! Why would a family member prefer the old me to the healthy me? This IS the same family member when I was giving him NON workout/health advice told me he didn't need my advice because he was "not a fat girl on facebook" - Should have been my first sign, right?   This is a family member who played College sports and knows the value of health. This is also a family member after our last conversation when I told him I was setting new boundaries and wasn't going to have him in my life blocked me on facebook... So how is he now getting my current profile picture and WHY is he even bothering? Well maybe this is the reason. The old me was different. The old me didn't have a voice. The old me allowed the abuse in our family to be the dirty little secret. In my road to health I have found my voice. I have learned to use it. I have found my pen and have started a book on it. I have set boundaries. I have learned to say NO. I have also learned that him judging me has nothing to with who I am but completely with who he is.

Live your life for you. Don't worry about what other people will think about you. Be happy. Be healthy. I know all to well your life can be gone in a second. It's sad that my family member who should have had an impact from that moment didn't. Cherish those who lift you up and release those who don't. People can only hurt you if you let them. I am not giving them the power. Don't you let them have the power either.

No comments:

Post a Comment