Monday, January 26, 2015

How to Be Successfully Committed to Healthy - My Top 7!

New Years has come and gone. You are either happily committed to your goals and making progress or you are struggling. If you are struggling that does NOT mean to stop. It just means you need to look at some areas to help you focus. When I lost my 105 lbs I did it with little to no support. I had a few good friends but after I lost 20 lbs - did they really want to hear about it? Or could they really help me with my questions, struggles or want to hear my victories? Not many. That is why I became a coach and started Support Groups for girls just like me. So....

#1 Find a support group! For all the reasons I listed above. They will be your strength when you are weak and your buddies in your victories.  They will keep you accountable in your nutrition, workout and attitude. Also, it is proven they will improve your chances at success!



#2 Keep a schedule for workouts. Actually set an alarm daily on your phone for them! Act like it is an appointment with your boss. You wouldn't cancel on your boss! So don't cancel on yourself. If you are better in the morning and it will give you an energy boost- Do it in the morning. If you need that extra time in the morning to sleep - then workout at night. Unless an evening workout will keep you up instead of help you decompress. You know your body - You know your schedule. You know you are worth it. So get to it and set a schedule!!

#3  Goals. Have them! Set an overall goal and then divide them into to smaller goals. I use monthly and weekly goals to help me reach my overall goals. Make resolutions that follow the SMART  RULES - Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Results-focused, and Time-bound.



#4  Keep Track. I have every pound and inch lost documented from my very first one to the very last one. That is so motivating. An added benefit to this is on the weeks I didn't lose weight most the time I lost inches. Sometimes the scale will not reflect a loss even though you are making progress. Taking and tracking measurements will help with that. Even in maintenance I still weigh and measure to make sure I stay on track.

#5  Meal Prep. Take the time to think in advance what you want to eat for your meals and snacks for the week. Have a list ready for the store. Stick to it! Find some go-to meals and snacks that are easy so you never have a "hangry" moment and make a bad choice. Research for new clean recipes. Go on Pinterest, on-line, facebook, check out or buy cookbooks or magazines. If you are one of my clients check out my Clean Eating Recipe Group I put up new recipes daily.. Keep your nutrition fun. Eating healthy tastes good!

#6  Connect with your "Why" We all have different reason why we want to be healthy. Don't just make it simple - dig deep, emotional. You really need to connect with this. It has to have meaning. Write it down somewhere you can see it often. When you start to feel your motivation leaving go read it. Also, I like to ask myself "why" weekly. My weekly reasons may not be deep or as meaningful but they help me connect for that week.



#7   Love yourself. Know that we are not perfect. If you have a bad day leave it behind you and don't make it a bad week, month or year. Remember you are always offered a fresh new day in the morning. If you can don't wait until the next day. Just have your moment - release it and move on. Life is full of choices - choose to be happy.


       

No comments:

Post a Comment