Sunday, March 13, 2016

Bon Voyage!

I should be on a cruise ship right now, I am not joking! I honestly should. I earned a trip as a coach to go Jamaica. It left yesterday morning. I decided not to go. Why would I do that? Well there are several factors. Friday night was probably one of the biggest nights in my daughter's dance HS life. She was going to find out if she as a Freshman was going to find out if she was going to make the JV, Varsity or be cut from the dance team. Being cut was a possibility. She had an injury and you never know what was going to happen during auditions. As soon as Auditions were over Spring Break began and we had to wait for the number to pop up on the computer. Well, she made the top team we found out at midnight. As a parent that is something I didn't want to get the news by phone as we were traveling to catch a ship. I want to be here to hug her, to kiss her to celebrate with her! If it had gone the other way I wanted to be here for her to do the same. That is what parents do - they do in my world. We are here for it all after all we only have the gift of them for so long! Second my 21st wedding anniversary is this week. My husband for some reasons hates cruise ships. He said have fun. Take a friend. How could I possibly do that? He had been my love, my best friend, my everything for 21 years. I couldn't possibly. I had the thought of giving it to one of my coaches but I know from in the past also I can't transfer the ticket it is for me only. Third and I mentioned it before we are on Spring Break now. I have 4 of those left with my daughter in High School before she goes to College. With my son maybe 2 left before he graduates from College. I want every moment with my kids before they are gone. Fourth I decided to plan a girls 3 day trip with my sister and my daughter for next weekend. It is to an event my daughter was invited to and something she is really excited about. Bottom line my family comes first this week, as always. Being a coach means I live my life by design. Sometimes mine doesn't look the same as others. Sometimes people will think I'm completely nuts for it but I am totally happy with it. There is no better paradise then with my family

No comments:

Post a Comment