Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Life at Peace Not in Pieces

Posting about living a peaceful and positive life is something I don't just talk about it is something that I physically do. Years ago I use to let in everyone. Their issues, their drama, their chaos and it hurt me physically and emotionally. When you are in a place where everyone around you is negative, hurtful, enabling, hateful, in denial, in a place of blame - you can't possibly live a good and healthy life. I stayed in that place way too long because I was a people pleaser when all along what it was doing was slowly killing me. When you are raised with abusive relationships. When you are around people with addictions - you lose you trying to help everyone because that is what you have been taught to do as to not rock the boat. It even goes outside the little scope of people to- everyone. I naturally want to help. I naturally want to help people heal. It is a part of who I am and what I do. That is when they are ready. I know when I decided to get healthy it was at my rock bottom. It took me a long time to get to that moment. Getting there is something I can't want or wish for you - it has to come from within - you. In that moment for me I knew it wasn't just ok, it's time to lose weight. I knew it was time to get healthy. Body, Mind and Spirit. For me mind was a big one. I was told stress had to go by my Neurologist after my gran mal. That meant cutting friends and family out of my life I never before would have imagined my life without. It simply had to be done. Their level of toxicity was never going to change. For others boundaries had to be set. Very clear boundaries. I am not the same girl who you can look at with a smile, run over and then do it again. Detachment is a great thing. When I know the situation is too much. That it is not authentic, stressful or not coming from a good place- I can step away physically or emotionally. This doesn't mean I don't love and care for the person. It just means until the person takes ownership and heals I am backing away from their chaos and letting them deal with it. When you stop worrying so much about what others think and start focusing on yourself you will live a much more peaceful life. Then just let life happen as it should. Even though I have closed doors to people, put some serious boundaries up. I can guarantee you those relationships that are gone have been replaced with beautiful healthy ones. Also, the relationship with those boundaries do now respect those boundaries even though some fought them in the beginning. In the long run it is all worth it for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment