Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My Amazing Losers

I just did something that will probably shock some of you. I deleted the Biggest Loser Finale from my DVR! What??? Yep.. I did!! I have watched it for years. I often joke that with all the weight I lost I deserve a Ken Paves makeover! I have watched it for years. Before I started on my journey to health it was my pizza night. I would sit in bed eating slice after slice wondering how it would feel to actually take that step and BE healthy. I would wonder what it would feel like to have my family be proud of me. Since I have often wondered where are they now? Have they maintained their losses? Well now slowly people are coming forward and their stories aren't so great. Do I know if they all feel that way... no? Will I ever? I don't think so as it appears there are contracts involved. What I DO know is bigger than all that - I DO see inspiring women every single day. I see amazing success stories. I see people supporting one another. They lift one another up when they are down, cheer for them when they are up and laugh at them when they are silly.  I see people doing it right with healthy nutrition and workouts. How do I know? They are MY Challengers - My AMAZING LOSERS.

That is all I need. What better inspiration is there than real life results. I'm done with the shows - I pick my girls.

Now back to that question I had as an obese unhappy Mom sitting on my bed eating pizza.. What would it feel like to be healthy and make my family proud? It feels amazing... What feels even better though is paying it forward for hundreds of women so they can feel the same way.

Isn't life amazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment