Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Voice of Truth

The TRUTH is a very powerful thing. It is a thing many like to hide from. It is a thing many will like to keep in the past. I believe it is a wonderful tool. It is a tool to find wisdom, strength and lessons from. I also like to share from my past to help empower and also let others know that there is a light at the end of a tunnel. There are times in my life though people make me feel that I should stop. This is when I really will go through a time of reflection. I have reflected lately on just a few moments in my life... being a teenager at the dreaded dining room table being told to smile for the perfect Holiday picture. There was nothing remotely picture worthy of that moment. Over the past few months I have even found out that the illusion of it all was even deeper than I even knew then.  I have reflected back on my weight. My relationship with food that started as a child.  I was told I would not be good enough unless I was a certain size. Being told to wear a T-shirt over my swimsuit when I was young even though my body was just fine.  The cycle of yo-yo dieting and food abuse. Being handed a can of Slimfast for breakfast before I even entered High School.  I have also reflected back on my gran mal seizure. The depths of fear, anxiety and sadness that put me in. I have thought about being the Mom who always had an excuse as to why I couldn't go do something fun in the summer. Why staying in the house and being inactive was the better solution when all it really was is I didn't want to be seen in a bathing suit.

Now imagine if I just stopped there. 

Who would I be today? The same.

Instead I have broke free from abuse. I have forgiven but not forgotten. I have cut out the toxic relationships in my life. Set clear boundaries for the safety of my family. I have ended the trend of abuse in my family. I have healthy, happy, active and loving relationships with my children.  I have lost 110 lbs. with clean eating and working out. I have healthy relationship with food. Had high blood pressure - now it's perfect. Broke free from PTSD. I am 6.5 years seizure free. I see my life as a gift. My purpose is to pay all the above forward. I actively coach others to lose weight and be healthy. I have helped many lose thousands of pounds. If I didn't share my story NONE of that would be possible. When I do share my story I get countless messages from others thanking me for giving them hope and letting them know they are not alone.

So if my TRUTH makes some uncomfortable it is ok - I will live it unapologetically anyways.


No comments:

Post a Comment