Friday, February 13, 2015

Roasted Acorn Squash with Cranberries & Walnuts

This is a dish I originally made for Thanksgiving. It is so good I have made it several times since. I will continue to year round! I cut the amount of butter and the type of sugar from the original recipe but I prefer it this way.

Ingredients
  • 2 Acorn Squash, cut in half
  • 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
  • 1 cup cranberries, frozen or fresh
  • 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
  • 2 tablespoons butter

Instructions
  1. Preheat Oven to 375F.
  2. Combine walnuts, cranberries and coconut sugar. 
  3. Cut each acorn squash in half. Remove the seeds.
  4. Place all halves in a baking dish. Split the mixture between all. Top with 1/2 tablespoon butter each.
  5. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until fork inserts into the squash easily.
  6. Remove from the oven. Put on your plate and ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment