Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Power Of Positive People


I have just been noticing lately how lucky I am. I do not have one friend that is not amazing. Every person that is in my life brings something wonderful to it. I know this should be a given but a while back some in my life brought me down and drained me. They lived negative lives. In all appearances it seemed ok but they are always the first to point out the bad, have a passive aggressive jab, or just want to complain all the time. I would see the call come through and think "do I really have to get this?" Bad, huh? You know we all have those people in our lives though. I worked so hard to be healthy. To help others be healthy. All I see is positive and then here it comes...It would make me feel guilty not to answer but if I did I would want to kick myself after because I would feel I fell into a trap almost! Or I would work hard to keep these people in my life out of some sort of obligation. I really needed to release that and realize a big obligation I had was my happiness and peace of mind. A year ago I set up safe boundaries in my life. I set these boundaries to achieve that calm life and to keep my family safe. There is a saying.. If your presence can't add value to my life your absence will make no difference. I completely disagree. It can make all the difference in the world. It will knock out the static. Raise the level of positivity. Make you a happier person without even knowing it until you pause and reflect. Associate with people who challenge you, who inspire you, who make you laugh, who make you a better person. You become like those who you are around most. Make sure you like what that is. Life is too short not to. Make sure yours is a good life with the best people in it.




No comments:

Post a Comment