Sunday, February 1, 2015

Recipe - Easy Mason Jar Salads





I have to tell you - this was fun!! Meal Prep for 8 amazing salads took 20 minutes. This is definitely going to be a staple in my home. I made 4 for me and 4 for my daughter. This takes guess work out and now we just have healthy and delicious fresh and clean food waiting for us.

Since I like everything as easy as possible I thought the graphic I made above would be the easiest way to teach you how to make this. Now a little more on the details.


  1. Bottom layer - Dressings. Simple! Pick one or not. I tend to not use dressings often. When I do I like Walden Farms from my health food store. Just a little is enough. With all the great ingredients you really won't need much because this just tastes good!
  2. Chopped Veggies - the hearty stuff. This layer protects the lettuce from the dressing so things you can chop and take up space.
  3. Beans, Sprouts, Mushrooms - even Avocado! Yum! 
  4. Optional Pasta or Grains - We are not big pasta eaters but I would add a quinoa. You could also add. All personal preference. 
  5. Protein and Cheese - Meat, eggs and cheese. Again all personal preference.
  6. Lettuce, Nuts and Seeds - The top layer is what you want to keep crisp. So this is the place for your pick of greens and seeds.
  7. When you are ready shake it AND eat it!!
I think one of the most important things is to get a "wide mouth" jar so you can get things into and out. Also, it will make it easier for cleaning. There are also different sizes. I bought the 20 ounce for myself and the slightly smaller one for my daughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment